Blue Force Gear, Inc. is a tactical gear company located in Pooler, GA. We are seeking a Production Operations Manager (Sewing) to lead our Production Team (Sewing and Laser Cutting)! This position is responsible for ensuring that products are produced efficiently, on time, and with the highest quality standards. Please note: this is a “hands-on” position and we are looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done! PRODUCTION SEWING EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and develops production schedules to plan and provide the required level of finished goods for all projects and product lines.
- Drives continuous improvements and consistencies in processes
- Ensures that standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost effective technology is used to maximize production.
- Implements and ensures that standard operating procedures for production are followed at all times.
- Conducts time studies and Kaizen events.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, materials management, industrial technology or related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience proven work experience as a production, manufacturing, materials management, and/or logistics manager, preferably in tactical gear or textile industries. PRODUCTION SEWING IS REQUIRED.
- Must be knowledgeable of production/manufacturing processes and techniques and sewing machinery.
- Must be knowledge of lean manufacturing, process improvement techniques, and Six Sigma.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: BFGCareers@blueforcegear.com
Blue Force Gear is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to the job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the employer and do not establish a contract of employment – Blue Force Gear is an at will employer.