Sewn Products National Reshoring Award
The Reshoring Initiative, in conjunction with SEAMS, is looking to recognize companies for successful reshoring projects.
SEAMS and The Reshoring Initiative have launched the First Annual Sewn Products National Reshoring Award. This exciting reward is open to all companies that have successfully reshored the sewing of any product to the U.S., accelerating the Made in America movement.
Eligibility for this award must include production reshoring from offshore back to the U.S. or represent new production that has taken market share from imports between January 1, 2014, and January 31, 2019. There will be awards for three industry categories: cut and sew manufacturers; brands/OEMS/vertical retailers; textile providers. Relevant companies for any sewn products are encouraged to enter.
Request for applications must be received by January 21, 2019. Final applications must be submitted by February 21, 2019.
Thank you for your interest.
Reshoring Award Categories
There will be one award for each of these three categories of companies
- Number of U.S. jobs created
- Dollars/year of sales reshored
- Product innovation
- Process innovation
- Completeness of application
- Bonus points will be awarded to SEAMS members and SEAMS 2019 Spring Networking Conference registrants
- Reshoring* of the work occurred between 1/1/2014 and 1/31/19 (See * note below)
- Work came back from outside USA to USA
- Products reshored must be made primarily by sewing and related processes
- Attendance/registration at SEAMS 2019 Spring Networking Conference is preferred but not mandatory
- Request for applications must be received by January 21, 2019
- Final applications must be submitted by February 21, 2019. Winners will be announced at the SEAMS 2019 Spring Networking Conference.
* Since only about 3% of U.S. apparel consumption is produced domestically, all new production and any substantial increases in apparel production are assumed to take market from imports and thus to be reshoring.