Sewn Products National Reshoring Award
The Reshoring Initiative, in conjunction with SEAMS, is looking to recognize companies for successful reshoring projects.
It is time again to present the Annual Sewn Products Reshoring Award, now on our second year in collaboration with The Reshoring Initiative. This prestigious award is open to all companies that have successfully reshored the sewing of any product to the U.S., accelerating the Made in America movement.
U.S. reshoring is the practice of transferring offshore business operations or sourcing back to the U.S. in addition to any new or significantly increased production in the U.S. from importing. The Made in America Movement is focused on increasing production in the U.S. to strengthen the economy and bring jobs back to the U.S. The SEAMS organization drives this trend with a membership of the leading U.S. brands, manufacturers, and retailers in the sewn products industry.
Eligibility for this award must include production reshoring from offshore back to the U.S. or represent new production that has taken market share from imports between January 1, 2016, and June 30, 2021. There will be awards for three industry categories: cut and sew manufacturers; brands/OEMS/vertical retailers; and textile providers (products produced in the United States). Relevant companies for any sewn products are encouraged to apply.
Request for applications must be received by July 31, 2021. Final applications must be submitted by Aug 15, 2021.
Thank you for your interest. For more information, please see below.
Reshoring Award Categories
There will be one award for each of these three categories of companies
- Number of U.S. jobs created
- Dollars/year of sales reshored
- Product innovation
- Process innovation
- Completeness of application
- Bonus points will be awarded to SEAMS members and SEAMS 2021 Annual Networking Conference registrants
- Reshoring* of the work occurred between 1/1/2016 and 6/30/21 (See * note below)
- Work came back from outside USA to USA
- Products reshored must be made primarily by sewing and related processes
- Attendance/registration at SEAMS 2021 Annual Networking Conference is preferred but not mandatory
- Request for applications must be received by July 31, 2021
- Final applications must be submitted by Aug 15, 2021. Winners will be announced at the SEAMS 2021 Annual Networking Conference.
* Since only about 3% of U.S. apparel consumption is produced domestically, all new production and any substantial increases in apparel production are assumed to take market from imports and thus to be reshoring.